In previous years, Michael has joined the "Wear it Pink" photocall, to remind people about the importance of breast screening, and to raise awareness of breast cancer.
Due to the pandemic, this did not happen this year, but October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and its important that it is not forgotten.
Michael said "It's vital that people remember that the earlier breast cancer is diagnosed, the better chance that treatment will be successful. GPs are open for business, so if you have any symptoms, please get yourself checked"
Common breast cancer signs and symptoms include:
- a lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit – you might feel the lump but not see it
- a change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- a change in the colour of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed
- a change to the nipple, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- rash or crusting around the nipple
- any unusual liquid (discharge) from either nipple
- changes in size or shape of the breast
You can find out more here Breast Cancer Now