There are a number of charities and organisations both nationally and locally who are able to provide debt advice and support. Trained advisors can review your income and expenditure and help with arranging repayment plans to your creditors.
Speaking to someone about money trouble can be extremely difficult. However, speaking to a professional and seeking specialist advice can be invaluable. The advice available from the charities and organisations listed below is free and is always treated with the utmost confidence.
Some organisations can also provide further specialist advice and assess eligibility for debts to either be written off, usually through a variety of different debt solutions such as a Debt Relief Order. Organisations in this field you may wish to contact include:
- Money Helper – Free and impartial help with money, backed by the government | MoneyHelper
- Debt Advice Foundation – Debt Advice Foundation
– Call Debt Advisers free on 0800 043 40 50
- Step Change – StepChange Debt Charity – Free Expert Debt Advice
- Citizens Advice – Debt and money – Citizens Advice